Wanna search something?

Thursday, June 04, 2020

#2019rewind: Part 4

4. KKN a.k.a 3-credits Community Services // 28 June - 18 August

I have posted this KKN thing too but here i'm gonna tell you more about people i've met.

          My team actually was founded in a full-team on late February, but i've joined this team on the 1st batch recruitment back in November 2018 when we're only 18 members. We attended those night meetings every Friday night took a place in faculty to faculty but mostly in Selasar Barat Fisipol! Mostly i've known those people before we're here. Well that was because Palapa 2017 (such an answered prayer ahaha). So actually it wasn't that hard for me to fit in this team.

Our friday night meeting routine, it was on Fapet's (not in a full-team tho)
Le agro squad did some trials at mas Farras's home
that Makrab thing but yet still couldn't in a fullteam

          But later on, i realized that not every people there was a significant for me. I think 50days will make us united as a forever family back from KKN, but i think i failed to make it. I was wondering about such a perfect team but later i know that don't hope too much. Maybe also i didn't meet every person's personalities. I really thank to those new sisters and brothers, thank you for every loving soul that has come to my life through this KKN. I owe my life to you and forgetting the rest of my upsets.

         In those 50days away from home in Riau Archipelago, actually i've been stopping into so many places, but here i will only share some mostly in Benan & Pulau Bukit.

Benan:
           Actually i had such a bad moment on my 2-weeks here but later i found out that what doesn't kill you just make you stronger is true. So i was being stalked when i was taking a bath (when it's actually a closed bathroom), i was very mad and i ran away to Makcik Sikin, the Ibu RT 1's home. I cried in her home's backyard which is actually there's no backyard except the blue ocean, yep i cried in the West China sea. Later, news spread like a flash (well you live in a small island tho). I had some deal with Nenek's family (my host fam) and i felt like ok lets just forget it (when actually i had trauma). Because of that news, mostly makcik-makcik in RT 1 & 2 knew me, or at least familiar with my name haha. I took that as a power that i'm stronger than that jerk. I couldn't walk without saying any "hi" to them, i love you all mak-mak!

Makcik Sikin's backyard

Makcik Sikin and Kak Niar was preparing bean soup for Ipit (makcik Sikin's daughter) birthday

Cranky Nayra

           I met so many kind people besides Makcik RT 1. In front of our dorm there live Makcik Kas, that 52-years old woman, a mother to 4 kids, was there like an angel. She own a canteen and i was always there for breakfast and dinner. She lent me her home (also the household ofc) to carry out my work program. Sometime if i had my free time, i got there just for a sit and a tea with her until almost midnight (usually with bern and halim). Still in RT 1, i met kak Niar with his young-wild-free soul also her cute lil daughter Nayra. I remember in the last week i helped her making her cake's decoration order ahaha. The other side there's Makcik Erda who lives beside us, she silently called and gave us her delicious rendang ayam on Raya. In the more east, there's Makcik Ibay and the gang, they always enliven my programs, thank you mak! In RT 2 there's Makcik Juw or usually i called her Makcik Doraemon because there's Doraemon painted on her house ahaha. She was always nice to talk while sitting on her small stall. The other one, Makcik Ani & Pakcik Sabran's family who lives near the school. I was often taking a bath in their house ahaha they had a lot of water and 24h electricity tho. I also met bang Jep & kak Jannah's lil family, the happy soul, love you my two ucuuu! This couple was so helpful to us since the day 1, our trip to Daik-Dabo, until the last day we're here.

Makcik Kas & Suami when Raya

Usual dinner routine at Makcik Kas's 

Makcik Erda's cook is the wrapped ketupat and red chicken rendang huhu so gewd

            In RT 3 there are Makcik Hayati's family and Long Boai's family. Their home is next to each other. Makcik Hayati sell some drinks and my favorite was that cendol with palm sugar, a cure for those hot days. Long Boai & Long Limah, with their 5-S kids, Soni Sonia Sona Sophi Sumi, was always make my day like bothering Sona when he's taking the water or Sumi with her aggressive behavior. Long Limah once said she was very upset that she didn't host the girls but the boys because Nenek picked the girls first wkwkwk. In RT 4 i also knew nice makcik called Makcik Siti, the one who saved me from neck sprain on my 4days here. Later, so many friends got another sprain problems so i had to accompany them to go Makcik Siti's.

Long Limah - me - Long Boai
Bukit:
           My 1st time impression when i touched down in Bukit on my 1st week of KKN: wow, this is such a small island with small communities too! Like when you run a bit you will ended up in the beach. I was attending on a local's wedding when finally because of bang Jep's idea i got to give my beauty yet creepy voice there. Well, i sang Javanese song wkwk. On another week, I got a chance to live here for 2 days because of Bern, mas Farras, and Adi's program (such a call-a-friend thing). Usually we stayed in Pakcik Johan & Makcik Ayus's home. The respond or the way they look at us was pretty much different than my 1st visit there wkwk. Oh well i didn't even take a bath there because the water is way much difficult than Benan. Locals also usually take a bath in public well in the middle of jungle, together, thats why i decided better postponed my bath. I was very happy that those makcik-makcik were enjoying our programs (and also the preparation drama ahaha).

Makcik-Makcik in Bukit

Washing the dishes on public well with le agro squad
           
          Well, i've been to Nopong also Daik too! Gonna tell you in another post! So again i'm gonna say thanks a lot to le team. The yummy yet also crummy moments, lets just keep it as one of the part in developing ourselves!


"because KKN is only to be remembered, not being retried"



No comments:

Post a Comment